View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 05:22 PM   #27
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13screw View Post
Just wondering who has had a meth kit fail on a zl1 causing engine damage? �� The negitive comments against them I'd hope come from real world experiences and not hearsay. these cars layover really hard and timing is cut if the fuel source is not keeping up. There's a reason most major shops use them. This would be my 4th kit on 4 different cars and never had an issue. I get it if the owner of this post is against meth but let's not say it's a basically a time bomb if meth is installed. It was just a suggestion from my previous experiences. What's worse, Pushing pump gas to the limit and risking kr, or adding meth to increase timing safely and making more power. Each to their own I suppose.
Vengeance Racing told me they would install meth if I insisted but told me they don't recommend it for the reasons I stated above. They said they've seen too many fail and they try to steer customers away from it when it possible. Since they're one of the top shops in the US, I trust their real world experience. Meth is a band-aid waiting to be ripped off, there are far safer ways to add fuel and most top shops will recommend going that route.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote