View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #170
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Looks like I haven't updated in awhile.

At the end of last season I made it to the track, only got a few runs in and broke a dss axle, I wasn't pushing it hard. Something to do with the outer passenger cv.

At the beginning of this season I went to the track. I only got 1 full run in, 10.2 at something like 140 with a nice soft launch and something like 8psi. The next run I tried to hit it a little harder and the same dss axle broke again. This time the inner cv passenger side. Odd part is it broke 100' out. Still a pretty soft launch, 1.56 60'. dss is fixing the axle and upgrading both axles to "their best" cv's. Not sure why I didn't have their best all ready. They rate these things pretty high hp wise and I was no where near that number and it was a nice smooth launch. Keep in mind our local track is flooded and it is an all day affair for me to go to the track and a fair amount of money in fuel.

After getting some gforce axles I made it to the track again just 2 weeks ago. NOTHING BROKE!! I only ran 1/8ths to stay out of trouble other than one 1/4 mile blast on the way out the door. I was able to add power every run and tweak the tune slightly and the car was picking up speed nicely. The speed based dome boost control works great. The linelock works great for getting however much of a burn out as you want. The 2 step works amazing for picking the rpm/boost I want to launch with. The car went strait and smooth every run.

Best 60' was a 1.44 on a 5.94@122mph run. The last run I tried hitting it a little harder off the line and spun slightly and that is my 1/4 mile slip from above. My next project is to work on my 60' some and once I get that down then maybe add another 100hp or so and see where that puts me. My short term plans are some drag shocks, a drag alignment(0 camber when squatting) and some 275 pro drag radials.

I am shifting around 7200, I hope to get to the dyno so I can see how high it likes to rev and may end up shifting higher. I am not locking the converter at all. I think I will at least try and figure out how to lock it in high gear. that should be good for something.