View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 10:55 AM   #157
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
Team Camaro really, really needs to look at the weight issue for our "Top Dog Track Camaro".

The ONLY thing wrong with the ZL1 1LE is that it's 400lbs too heavy.

Strip it down, lighten it up, track only "variant" and call it a Z/28. The LT4 is so damn good.....I don't know why Al or anyone else thinks it must be NA. I've driven the piss out of this car for over 2,500 track miles, shifting right at redline and it just laughs and asks for more. I can't even get it to 210 degrees on the temps in 25min sessions. It is a spectacular car. Just too heavy to be the best track Camaro.

Literally every event I'm at at least one Voodoo GT350 grenades. Seriously. Complete fail. Don't even think about FPC....

On the big fast tracks where the weight penalty is over come with HP....this car can keep up with nearly anything (Porsche Cup cars and ZR1's excepted). The weight is a problem on the shorter technical tracks which drives me batshit that I can't catch cars that I'm passing all day long at RoadAmerica.

Take the weight out (really do the "if it isn't required by law or makes it go faster we left it out") - call it a Z/28 and I'll drive to Becky's door the next day and stand in line until mine gets delivered.
In the 6th gen only way to lose 400lb is to remove the SC on top, that with all the inner coolers and lines is 100+ lb then the CCB is is good for 40 lb add CCW and lose 20 LB, from there it gets harder, but i think they can bring down the weight by 250 LB and still be sold at dealers lots.

We can do more after the car is in our hands, remove back seat lighter seat and so on.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote