View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
SS2017_MJB

Drives: 2017 SS Coupe 2SS 8AT (427CI, D1X)
Evolution of the Event Horizon: 2017 2SS Procharged

I traded in my mildly mod'd 2014 Mustang Premium GT Coupe 6AT after test driving a 2017 Camaro SS on a lark during Memorial Day weekend 2017. My test drive was in the rain....talk about a visibility "challenge". The dealer offered me an excellent deal on the 2017 SS coupe in Mosaic Black exterior with black interior used in my test drive.

- 2SS
- MyLink Audio/Nav System with 8" screen
- Magnetic Ride Control
- 8AT
- Power sunroof
- brushed aluminum 5-spoke aluminum wheels
- front and black bowtie emblems
- All weather floor mats (protect that carpet!)

I liked the amenities associated with the 2SS level vehicle. I wanted the dual-mode NPP exhaust but would have required sacrificing MRC & sunroof at same price point given what was on the dealer's lot at the time.

I loved my Mustang 5.0's looks, power and handling but the Camaro SS was a step up in terms of technology, acceleration, handling and braking--besides looking downright tough. (Its one downside was visibility as all 6th Gen owners are aware). Initially, I thought I would leave the car bone stock. After a month, my intentions changed. I began the process of upgrading the car in every direction. And along the way I tapped into the Camaro 6 forum and the Lethal Garage Youtube series to get quality advice and proven ideas for upgrades -- starting relatively tame and moved to more aggressive mods in 2018.

The upgrades that went into the making of my Event Horizon (black-black-black) are chronicled here. Except I have not listed the 20% VLT tint performed within a 2 weeks of purchasing my car. Window tint is primary external aesthetic mods.

Stock* dyno results (November 2017)

- 398 RWHP/395 RW Torque
- *DiabloSport 93 octane standard tune
- *Roto Fab CAI
- *Borla S Axleback Exhaust
Attached Images

Last edited by SS2017_MJB; 09-12-2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Add dyno sheet for pre-supercharged status
SS2017_MJB is offline   Reply With Quote