View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #184
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You know how everyone in the other thread is comparing our beloved Z/28 to cars costing way more? Yeah, kind of like that.

I could spend time typing it up but the list of what it would take to make the NG Camaro competitive with an RS5 for me wouldn't be that extensive. GM already has the power train if they use the LT1 with an 8 speed. It can be done and all it would take is making it the best car they can. Doesn't need Audi build quality or materials for me. But GM could be verrrrrry close by just putting the best Chevy interior to date with the previously mentioned power train. Might not work for others but it would work for me if they do what I have in my head.
Those comparisons are correct because the Z/28 isn't built to the same quality or with the same materials. If the Z/28 was built the same as the other cars, it would cost the same. Then, you run into the issue of buying a Porsche or a Chevy that costs the same. At that point, you lose the main benefit of it being a Chevy, the lower price.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote