View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 01:24 PM   #202
JT Camaro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun37 View Post
sorry to necro-thread but
1) did GM just copy/paste the Gen5 bushings even though the Gen6 bushing cup is shorter? Why not toss the pucks into a lathe and cut them shorter so both sit flush on their edges?

2) how is it that we STILL not have the actual spring rates of the ZL1 vs DSSV setup?

3) DSSV "doing great" at triple digits and 'wallow' simply suggests their rebound damping is super high and so their slow compression. And given how lousy they apparently are at street speeds and square edged bumps their high-speed compression circuit is wildly inappropriate (restrictive) for that use case. And yet the DSSV has an off-road truck application so clearly they are capable of designing a compression circuit that passes a metric ton of fluid at high rates - they just chose not to. Why has nobody asked for different pistons?

4) has nobody just swapped springs for a more sane rate? I realize 3" ID springs are not super-common but a simple adapter can let you run 2.5" which are as common as sand particles.

5) has nobody taken their shocks to a dyno and logged their force response curves?

I have an appointment to drive a ZLE on public streets to log my own first-hand observations. Last time I did that was 2 years ago but the drive was fairly limited but didn't seem outrageous. Then again that very same car has had 4 owners in the span of 2 years and it up for sale again!
reading my mind...Cant believe the info isn't out there
JT Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote