View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 09:34 AM   #17
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63falcondude View Post
Different company's treat hard inquiries differently. Some look at them as one if they are within a certain time frame while others look at them individually.

Disclaimer: This is what my research has showed me, I do not know this for a fact.
Quote:
Looking for a mortgage, auto or student loan may cause multiple lenders to request your credit report, even though you are only looking for one loan. To compensate for this, FICO Scores ignore mortgage, auto, and student loan inquiries made in the 30 days prior to scoring. So, if you find a loan within 30 days, the inquiries won't affect your scores while you're rate shopping. In addition, FICO Scores look on your credit report for mortgage, auto, and student loan inquiries older than 30 days. If your FICO Scores find some, your scores will consider inquiries that fall in a typical shopping period as just one inquiry. For FICO Scores calculated from older versions of the scoring formula, this shopping period is any 14 day span. For FICO Scores calculated from the newest versions of the scoring formula, this shopping period is any 45 day span. Each lender chooses which version of the FICO scoring formula it wants the credit reporting agency to use to calculate your FICO Scores.
http://www.myfico.com/crediteducatio...inquiries.aspx
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote