View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 01:05 PM   #18
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Remove the valves. That's part of the most recent thing ive done with exhaust. Well worth it. Ours are not like the v8 which stay open and close when in 4 cylinder mode by an actuator. They are spring loaded and no hole in them. Its literally like a door. The engine spends pumping power to keep them open. Great for sound control in 4 cylinder mode, but a bit taxing at any rpm.

I was skeptical A.F. at first when i originally digged into the exhaust, but after doing more research and forum advice, i removed em.

I posted pics in my members journal of the insides. Truly its a no brainer. Where you have peeps worried about crushed pipes, but not worried about a spring loaded door, baffles me now.

Never been big on drilled rotors. Slots are for show really. Pad materials arent like the past. And given the rotor is a giant heat sink, you want as much mass there as possible.

I exceeded the stock single pistons the first summer i had the car. Later added the 4 pistons with oem ferrodo pads and now on 6 pistons with hawk street/race pad which is their old dtc-30 compound. Im a performance/functional type guy and dont cry about brake dust.
I appreciate that reassurance! What you are saying makes perfect sense. I think I will take it to the local muffler shop and let them tack weld the valves open for the time being just because the car is still under warranty and I want to keep my mods very discreet, LOL! For sure I will be removing them after it exceeds 3 years or 36000 miles. Its not a daily driver so come October 2020 the car gets the knife!
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote