View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 08:34 AM   #16
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYD3800SII View Post
Hey man that's great stuff right there! I will try the one on my dash next time and compare it to the phone for S&Gs. Has anyone actually seen any improvement (even the slightest) with the removal of the exhaust valves without replacing the entire exhaust from the CATS back to the muffler? I have to admit that they are kinda dumb, but I don't know if removing them will affect the engine switching or set CELs without a tune. The only suspension mod that I currently have is a ZZP tower strut brace. I also purchased some slotted and drilled brake rotors but the car stops on a dime with the stock ones. I'm just gonna wait until warranty goes before I do anything else that might give me grief. Car only has 6200 miles on it. I don't plan on any other suspension parts because the car handles like a dream. GM really did a wonderful job with this platform.
Remove the valves. That's part of the most recent thing ive done with exhaust. Well worth it. Ours are not like the v8 which stay open and close when in 4 cylinder mode by an actuator. They are spring loaded and no hole in them. Its literally like a door. The engine spends pumping power to keep them open. Great for sound control in 4 cylinder mode, but a bit taxing at any rpm.

I was skeptical A.F. at first when i originally digged into the exhaust, but after doing more research and forum advice, i removed em.

I posted pics in my members journal of the insides. Truly its a no brainer. Where you have peeps worried about crushed pipes, but not worried about a spring loaded door, baffles me now.

Never been big on drilled rotors. Slots are for show really. Pad materials arent like the past. And given the rotor is a giant heat sink, you want as much mass there as possible.

I exceeded the stock single pistons the first summer i had the car. Later added the 4 pistons with oem ferrodo pads and now on 6 pistons with hawk street/race pad which is their old dtc-30 compound. Im a performance/functional type guy and dont cry about brake dust.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote