View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #39
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post

I will repeat what I said earlier. To date every generation has had a Z/28 option. In the case of the 4th gen it simply depicted the V8 version of the Camaro. Yet, it was still one of the hottest pony cars on the market.
While I think this is possibly the strongest argument to make about 'why' GM will eventually produce a Z/28 it is hard to also argue against the logic that it most likely not be able to improve over the ZL1 1LE performance-wise on a the track without exorbitant costs which as we know will be a huge wet blanket on sales.

I would love to see a lightweighted Gen 6 Z/28 with some gnarly NA V8 and a low amount of options etc similar to the Gen V. BUT - the ZL1 1LE would most likely eat its lunch on any track so why would GM do that?

I think GM dropped the ball by naming the ZL1 1LE what they did versus making it the new Z/28 (FI or not).

So, if GM does offer a Gen 6 Z/28 I think it's very likely we won't see it until the end of the Gen 6 build cycle like they did with the 5th Gen Z/28 and the C7 ZR1.

It most likely won't be anytime soon, if at all. I hope I am wrong!
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote