View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #4
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
This doesn’t look bad enough for a “total,” plus your damage presumably is less than half the car’s current market value. Have the body shop measure everything on the driver’s side of the vehicle, too - including suspension mounting points and even how the door closes - to see if any of them have moved and require more extensive work on the unibody. I once had a car that got rear-ended at low speed and the original estimate was to replace and paint the rear bumper skin. When the new skin didn’t fit, the shop discovered the hit was hardtunting points, so the final repair ended up being more than five times the original amount. Concealed damage like that can make the car undriveable if it’s not fixed correctly.

Also, talking with your insurance company about tracking the car may not be the wisest move, no matter what your policy says. The perception of the aduster is all that matters.
well im worried if the B pillar had to be replaced and welded that this was going to affect the integrity of the frame. i didnt tell my insurance that i track the car.. but in the back of my head i was thinking crap.. this might not be good. i told my adjuster about the suspension issues but i guess he never put it down in the estimate. i could clearly tell the suspension was messed up at the scene of the accident. my rear pass wheel was bent inwards. since then he left the company.. was just told that he no longer works for the company and the owner of the shop has taken over my case. this isnt a small mom and pops shop too.
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote