View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 05:08 AM   #1
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Exclamation Help, I'm on my own

OK, so I got overly excited about the opportunity to have a nice sportscar again. Dreaming about rumbling my ZL1 down Sukhumvit and around Thailand's highways turned my crank. And then the easy opportunity to modify the beast to about 1000 horses with Hennessy's setup (Australian version) makes me want to park and idle 1000 America horses next to Ferrari's store However, after reading some of these threads, my demeanor has changed a bit. So, I've just dropped the deposit for a new RHD ZL1 from Australia. Being mesmerized about having another killer car made me pull the trigger without thinking this through completely. So here's what I've got myself into. I'm in Thailand as I said. Chevy doesn't sell Camaro's or Vettes here. Furthermore, Chevy very recently said it was pulling out of Thailand and sold it's factory here to some Chinese company So I've been reading the threads here, special oil, diff oil, Error Codes You know, I've been a car guy forever, Even my modded '02 Spirit R Rx7 was pretty straight forward. I could yank the engine and wrench on everything pretty much myself. Everything was simple and mechanical. But I'm not sure I haven't bitten off more than I can handle here. Who here does all the maintenance on their ZL1? I'll buy a lift here if I must to do what I can. But with all this new error codes, CODES??? and special need fluids, what else? Actually, I didn't buy an M4 because I can't work on it. This old bird is getting a little concerned. I don't want to just trailer/show/sell it for a profit cause I have no support from GM here. I want to drive her; that's why I bought her. Am I just unreasonably freaking out here, or is there legit concern about this. Do I need a special computer to tell me if something is wrong with the car? I did read the fluid change points on another thread. OK, this I can manage easily if I can get the fluids over here. Anything else I should know? Any and all help would be helpful? The car comes in a month so I want to be prepared.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote