View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 07:55 AM   #56
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Sorry guys, the delay has nothing to do with the kit functionality as we have a half dozen running around. The delay was on the tooling and once that was in, the Haas was tied up running other parts for a couple of weeks as we have sold a TON of custom valve covers lately as well as our Secondary Port Injection kits, so it's just a lack of time with my engineer and equip.

Trust me, you know when I don't even have time to play on here that we're slammed and I miss it, but I had to spend a lot of R&D time with my C7 ZR1 and making 800whp now on that got me into the 9s first! It should've been deeper into the 9s but it was running hot and we figured out why after and now it's cool as a cucumber, so I'm eager to get it back to the track again, but my ZL1 didn't even make it to Camaro Fest as a result of everything going on, but all good things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
I am anxious to hear some results and would love to see some track logs once this is out there. Iat’s Throughout a full run at xx boost pressure and XX outside temp kind of thing. This along with a g1pro intercooled intake would be a fun winter project.
We did just this with Storm's LT 427 C7, F1X, G1Pro (you're cutting your hood lol), and our chiller = 1275whp on our Mustang dyno... and then came the 200 shot next

- F1X Blower outlet temp at 25psi was nearly 300*
- IATs post manifold were in the 90*s at the top of a pull on the dyno and even cooler with air movement on the street ripping through 4 gears!
- Chilled water in the low 40*s (sheet metal manifold should've been ceramic coated so it picked up a lot of heat vs my ZL1 chiller in the low 30*s)
- Getting rid of terrible Air to Air IC reduced the pressure drop from 8psi to just 1, so we were able to slow the blower down and make gobs more power.

Checkout that condensation

This is the 25psi boost only hit now vs. the air to air 21psi + 200 nitrous hit before:

So, bear with me till the end of the month and Intimidator's kit will be on in all it's "plug and play" glory and the world of chillers will be revolutionized

Last edited by WEAPON-X; 08-18-2018 at 08:14 AM.
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote