View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 02:43 PM   #310
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
I will never go the ZLE route. With the exception of the things I already mentioned, the GT4 is a better overall experience.

The mid-engine rotation, the light weight & low center of gravity feel with direct feedback, the PDK banging off up and downshifts at lightning speed, the flat 6 singing up to its 8K redline (a Kline exhaust system is coming in a few weeks), the interior quality and feel of being in something premium, etc, etc, etc. It all adds up.

The GT4 is flawed in 2 main areas... strut rear suspension and PASM dampers that just do not come close to MRC's range.

After experiencing the mid-engine platform, I do not think I could go back to a front engine layout.

Here is my new lateral G max on my local on ramp near me that I use for testing, this is after the SC3 tire swap and new compression/rebound settings. The most I EVER saw in my SS 1LE was 1.25 and that was only on new tires.

This is what light weight and mid-engine can do for you...
I understand your position but compression under braking is a critical component behind driver confidence. I've seen clips of how skittish the new 4RS is at huge braking zones with undulating on/off camber turns at the Ring as well. That strut rear suspension was a clear handicap.

Key thing here is it took another $18k on top of what you spent for the GT4 to get close to where you are now.

Not everyone has the patience or financial means to do what you did.