View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 04:01 PM   #8498
wilbur_xmas

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
Believe it or not, on these cars I like the red tail lights.
I like the red as well, but on Nightfall Gray I like the dark ones even better. Great looking cars so you can't go wrong either way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
The dark taillights look great, now you need to get a set of smoked rear reflectors to match!
I keep seeing conflicting reports on whether those are legal, or even reflect for that matter. Do they reflect red? Even if they do I think an actual red colored reflector is a legal requirement but I hear differing reports. I prescribe to the "break only one law at a time" rule and I prefer to moderately speed so I like to keep things compliant and run a required (in Cali) front plate to limit unwanted police interaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAtilidk View Post
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I've seen that video, but I only needed to swap the cap, not the entire knob so seems like a waste of time. I already bought the cap thinking it wouldn't taken that much time but looks like I have how i'll spend a Saturday soon.
If you have some plastic trim tools or plastic bicycle tire irons then it takes longer to watch the video than it does to replace. I think it took maybe 20 minutes total to skim the video, struggle with the clips, watch just the removal part of the video again, pop the clips off, undo the torx, undo the screw under the cap, replace the cap, locktite the cap screw and tighten, loctite the torx and tighten, then snap the shift boot back down and put away my tools. You'll have plenty of drinking time left on that Saturday I guarantee it.
wilbur_xmas is offline   Reply With Quote