View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #41
roger1

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
I can drive my SS/A10 very much in a controlled docile fashion. It's easy. But you're just a tap of the throttle away from a jolt of power.

It's up to the driver really. If your wife respects the power, she should be fine. But it's an easy car to drive controlled and normally. You're just often tempted not to.
Thanks for the response. I've told her that I am considering a new Camaro but I haven't taken her to look at one yet. She's seen them on the road and is worried about them having blind spots.
Our other car is a GMC Acadia and she likes driving that. Every once in a while I'd like to drive that one and leave her with the second car (Camaro) but it wouldn't be often.

A couple of weeks ago she had to take a short trip but I really needed the Acadia when she was gone. She absolutely wouldn't take the Corvette because of the stick shift. Also ,she doesn't like the fact that the car is so low.

This is when I really started thinking about trading the Vette off. I bought that car new and will miss it when it's gone but figured having a Camaro with an LT1 and an A10 might take the sting away pretty fast!
2008 Corvette 3LT Coupe, LS3/6spd, Atomic Orange, all stock
roger1 is offline   Reply With Quote