View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:40 AM   #6
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Phase 2: CAI

Phase 2: So at this point I'd had the car about a month or so and I did some impulse shopping on Phastek and ended up with the Injen Evolution 7300 Closed Box Cold Air Intake. I had it shipped to my office and let's just say nothing got done after it arrived LOL.

So! This would be a short step, but GM decided to change the PCV hose on the intake manifold from a quick release to a fuel line disconnect... This gave me a lot of trouble. First try was with my hands and a screwdriver and boy did I marr this thing up. I was trying to push the tab in as opposed to use a FL disconnect tool to push them out. Second try was at autozone (i will never EVER go to autozone again, not because of this but because of a cumulation of stupidity). I asked if they had something that would take the tube off and the guys response was "man, i don't even know, I've never seen that clip before, plus it seems kind of a waste to modify a new car like this" This for some reason lit my hair on fire, I closed my hood and decided to Advanced auto parts for try #3. I WILL go back here, super helpful. Looked up that the clip had been changed to a FL disconnect connection and handed me the generic tool kit. Went out to my car in the parking lot and tried my due diligence to get this tool to fit under the slanted connection. After a few minutes of being polite, I really went after it, and ended up snapping one of the tabs. So, already being pissed off at GM, Auto Zone and myself, I averaged about 70 mph on the way home on back roads. (This was all in the time span of about 2 weeks)

The next weekend I decided, welp its already broken so Ill just put the intake in and figure out how ill get the connection to stay on. So I put it in, took about 10 minutes and I thought that the connection would just "not come off" and I was wrong. I drove around for about 2 minutes, came back to check and the PCV was totally off the manifold I got some trusty black electrical tape, and sealed that sucker up. Yes, It is totally a hillbilly fix but it works like a charm and I ended up ordering the replacement tube assembly from GMPG.

MY INITIAL REVIEW OF THE INTAKE
Awesome... Totally friggin awesome.
The blow off noise is addicting, you can feel a little power gain in the mid range but nothing close to what the Injen advertisement says you'll get. It looks really good in the engine bay, really clean look (aside from the electrical tape HAHA) Definitely planned on keeping this. A little expensive but from what I have read, this is the best money can get.

Phase 2... Complete.
Attached Images

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote