View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 06:01 PM   #12
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
My 2ss came with runflats. But I put winter tires on it for the cold which were not. So I bought an aftermarket pump/repair kit and an actual plug type repair kit. Theres a guy in here somewhere that got a really nice air pump that clips to the battery from Harbor frieght and made it fit perfectly in the center.
My pump is in a case. Its supposed to be one used by multiple high end manufacturers.... but it plugs into the lighter. I think Im going to be disapointed. But it fits right into that center slot. I have nothing in slot 2. My filler nozzle was in spot number one. Spot 2 has a velcro belt that looks like its designed to hold something tight.
I also got friends with tow trucks... and I got AAA for when we might be too far. The runflats are gone as soon as I can wear them out. Theres no jack... I cant see being able to really do much on the side of a 2 lane on the shoulder so Im calling for a flat bed if I get a flat.
But the guy who fit the Harbor freight air pump has the best setup. That and a coiled hose that reaches all 4 tires from the trunk would be the cats BLLS!
You will be there forever with the cigarette lighter pumps. Get a clip on. But AAA is the best option IMHO.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote