View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #8
Notilloc

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristahn View Post
I got the 18s today. The wheels look awesome, they totally clear the rotors BUT they do just barely hit the strut. it's the bare upper aluminum block portion, right above where there is a threaded hole that nothing appears to thread into.

Now with that said, this can be fixed one of two ways - the first is simply when I buy the centering ring conversion from 72.56 to 66.9 I buy one with 8 mm (1/4 inch) of spacer built into it and then get the extended lug nuts that drop 1/4 inch further into the hole and neutralize the lost clamping force. The second and simplest in my opinion is to shave down that bare aluminum knuckle where it touches and be done with it. I will opt for a bit of clearancing on that edge of the strut corner and all the other things should fall into place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf583 View Post
Some of the aftermarket wheel barrels are such that the inner portion will hit the upright (sometimes called a knuckle). Mine fit the wheel, but but the clearance was so low it hit the wheel weights in that location, had to move them outboard on the wheel. I think structurally you're at fairly low to no risk to do some massaging there to get them to fit. The wheel weights in question were ~1/8" thick so it's not much material if that what it takes to get them on.
Great info from both of you. I'll keep my 19s because that just sounds like a bit of a headache. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it figured out!
Notilloc is offline   Reply With Quote