View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #45
DOHCVTEC

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
sucks that wifi is going away, so I guess cable will do

great info guys, thank you for joining.. big thanks to MadMotorMagazine

so the ZL1 map is based on the SS 1le? perhaps that may explain the soft settings in the comfort zone...

here is what I changed to remedy that:

Touring mode - G Comfort Parameters - default rate from 1 to 7 (% of normal calibration) ; sensitivity - went from 20 to 17 (how quickly it comes out of comfort zone); G rate max - went from 35 to 30 (3.5Gs to 3.0Gs below which the comfort mode is on)

Sport mode - default rate - went from 1 to 10; sensitivity - stayed at 15; G Rate Max stayed at 30

Track mode - default rate - went from 10 to 15, sensitivity - stayed at 15, G Rate Max - went from 30 to 25

now on the street the car is simply amazing!! comfortable, compliant, don't want to stop driving where as before (the tuning revision) I was a little annoyed after a 30 min drive...

again, this revision has nothing to do with track driving... only straight no real maneuvering driving

track impression were:
insane braking ability, better than before somehow

great corner entry

good balance mid corner (neutral)... perhaps the car has always been this way but in the last session after the DSC install it was very noticeable and confidence inspiring, and track conditions were horrible

coming out of the corner a little better than stock but there seems to be a lot of room for improvement... 2nd gear exit is still rather sketchy on the stock non-R 20" good years
**** not sure how to do deal with that yet... planning on going to at least the ZLE Spec R Good Years or something similar

Perhaps after the tire change I could use a little help with the tuning on that part

Last edited by DOHCVTEC; 03-14-2019 at 09:21 PM.
DOHCVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote