View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 06:33 PM   #17
Sweet15

Drives: 2018 2SS HBM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I would like to see the tune file and a log of the run. I have a hard time believing that a healthy LT1 is going to let go on 8psi with correct tuning and fueling. Just because this shop is "reputable" doesn't mean a lot in 2019. In the event the tuner made a mistake, he likely won't admit it and eat the labor/parts to fix your stuff.

I just recently had my Whipple setup dyno tuned by a "reputable shop" and first thing I did was hook my hp tuners and log to check the tune. I found a lot of stuff not addressed in the tune but the fueling and timing is right. I am also on e85 which is much better then 93 with boost on these high compression engines being it is very effective at pulling heat out of the cylinders and allows more room for error. I would consider making the switch or at least run meth with 93.

sorry for your loss.
Thanks. Of course my immediate reaction was that I was pissed and thought the timing was off or something. However, I’ve been working with this guy for years and he tuned my 5th Gen after another tuner couldn’t get it right. At some point you build a rapport with these guys and you have to trust them. When your doing any type of mods there is always a risk. I’ve had other parts faulty from the factory as well in the past. Have to let go of the anger, then move on hoping the outcome will be great. I just got the bill on all the additional parts, so I’m heading to happy hour to drown my sorrows ....
Sweet15 is offline   Reply With Quote