View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 09:19 AM   #12
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
Not likely. I typically pull the car out of the garage before dropping the top. There are no trees or anything over my driveway that might be dripping. Unless there is a liquid source somewhere in my trunk, the top is not getting wet while being put down or while it's down. I thoroughly dry my car after washing it, so it's not likely that the top is getting wet while putting it down. And, again, it wouldn't be in the down position for a long period of time even if it were wet.
Definitely curious to see if you can figure this out... I know with mine, there are areas under the tonneau and (especially) under the trunk lid that hold pools of water. In fact, I often find that there's still a lot of soapy water in those areas when I am drying the car.

One "test" you could try would be to do what you typically do with washing and drying. Once you are comfortable that the top is completely dried out (and you may want to check the underside in those areas too to be sure water isn't actually getting -under- the canvas), put it down. Wait about two minutes, then bring it back up. See if there's any sort of moisture in those areas.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote