View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 11:46 AM   #56
Red Beard
Instagram @redbeardfifty

Drives: Chevy colroado, Gmc yukon
Hey all, im a 2018 colorado zr2 guy, lgz v6 with the 8l45... Im here to get info as the colorado crowd are sad mpg chasers.

Anyways, I have HPT on my truck with the TCM unlocked and tuned by peitz tuning. I eventually want the tcm retuned by will and the ecu when I make cat deleted down pipes.

Long story short on HPT and throwing codes. If you go to the HPT forum, they say that you MUST have internet connection when first loading HPT (downloading the stock tune, upploading the OS and then the new tune etc). It says it can (and will) show a couple connection errors or failures etc, and then it will finally work.
That happened on mine. Third time was the charm iirc

Last, and most important to the dead pedal etc. MAKE SURE YOU ARE RUNNING THE BETA VERSION of hptuner. I think its 4.4.4 beta now.
Beta seems to have the most complete stuff for the GenV GM stuff.

And then, if you are still having problems, open up advanced view and then do a side by side tune comparison. HP actually makes this easy at it will highlight whats different so you dont have to do a number search.

Im trying to think of what else...

Oh, Go back and make sure everything is plugged in, and that you dont have a low battery. Low batteries mess with the BCM and the ECU on the GENV something horrible. It will send things like the power windows into a tizzy where they wont roll all the way down, and you have to go through the manual reset every time you start the car.

Reminds me, I need a new battery for the suburban. It keeps resetting my xm radio stuff...
Red Beard is offline   Reply With Quote