Thread: Club HOT WHEELS
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 10:04 PM   #41
Liralen

Drives: 2013 KBM Camaro 2SS Hot Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsont View Post
I want to order but wont with out knowing the cost. Dealer cant tell me.
being told only 11 cars being built in the first run.
Was contacted by my dealer and they have went ahead and placed the order and GM accepted the build, might know a cost by March.
Haven't put any monies down yet. But really want that car- SS convertible with manual Trans, dual mode exhaust and Magnetic ride.

Tim
I saw some information for the first week of ordering that showed only 11 were picked up for production of those on constraint. Perhaps that got misinterpreted as the number of those being built (and for all I know it could be the number being built the first week). But my order was picked up in the first week & yet is not being produced until March 12th, while I know a coupe picked up the same week has a TPW 2/19, as well the same dealership ordered a Coupe the following week and the TPW for that is 2/26. I have seen one other Hot Wheels Vert order pop up here on Camaro6 and it has a TPW of 3/12 as well....so maybe they are holding off on most of the Convertibles until then???

Have read that GM is doing a slow ramp up of the build during the first month, then it will get more and more as time goes. First week there were only 5 convertibles listed for constraints (and no specification as to engine size). Second week there were 15 convertibles and 5 convertibles specified for 2SS on the constraints listing. The coupe constraints are much larger being over 125 each week.

Your dealership can tell you how many are actually on order, but it will not show any retail customer sold orders (although Becky has great visibility so she may have a better idea). As of Feb 15th there were nationwide 15 convertibles ordered for stock (again that does not include retail sold orders).

Garage:
2013 HotWheels SE Camaro, Coupe, V8, 2SS, Auto, #987 (aka V8HOTTY)
2014 Z51 Stingray 3LT Corvette, M7, Coupe - Laguna Blue Metallic
2016 Harley Davidson Roadglide, Screaming Eagle
2017 50th Anniv SE Camaro, Vert, V8, 2SS, M6, NAV, NPP, #537 (aka FIFTY)
2017 Silverado High Country, full bed/crew cab, Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
2018 Silverado LTZ, short bed/crew cab, 100th Anniv, Centennial Blue (aka CENTURY)
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote