View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 04:34 AM   #14
Brettallen59

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - 1969 SS396
The results of my inquiry returned very promising options. I am excited! I am also feeling relieved because I am starting to realize that I don't think I will have to pull out the interior and replace my windshield. Our factory installed Data Recorder costs $1300, so if Garmin, or any other seller can offer a comparable resource, I would be willing to pay a comparable price. I wish I could offer data acquisition, & feature additions, but I am a newbie in this area.

What about adding more data to a HUD? Making the HUD screen configurable? Also make the HUD display unit movable, so you could place it in a location to your liking. I wonder about making the HUD a thin strip, like 12-18" long, so you can locate the data along the bottom of the windshield, or along the top. Maybe this device/display could also show the chosen data from the front as well. Obviously this display unit would not be able to show the track, so there could be an additional display module that would be appropriate for a larger square HUD display.

One last thing would be a "Screen Capture" button that would automatically capture the current screen and automatically save it in a folder.

Mr. SLED, Thank you for the intriguing information. I will wait for your product. I was really dreading the amount of work/effort involved.
Brett...

Last edited by Brettallen59; 03-13-2024 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Grammar
Brettallen59 is offline   Reply With Quote