View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 12:13 PM   #13
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I took an all day drive yesterday, as the whole family was out of town or busy. Coming down a long hill into Socorro, NM, my radar detector was indicating radar, so I drove at the speed limit (35).

A cop coming the other way flipped on his lights, whipped around, and pulled me over. He was friendly, but stated he had me at 48 in a 35. I told him there was no way, but I gave him my information and kept quiet.

He came back to the car and asked me how fast I had ever been in it. I told him I would not state such a thing while his body cam was right in my face, but I told him it could probably go about 195.

Then he asked if it could do a burn out, so I showed him a video of a nice burn out at a track I did. He then said if I did a burn out for him, he would only write me a warning today.

So I agreed, took the written warning, pulled carefully onto the street, and gave him what he wanted as I left.

You're the 1st person, other then myself, who I've ever heard got a written warning rather than just a verbal warning. I wonder if the written warning is "in the system" for whomever pulls you over the next time to see that you've gotten a break already.