View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #1
kraut1971
BITCHN Camaro

Drives: SOLD! Back in the looking zone...
DON'T WASTE YOUR $ ON THESE GEN5DIY LED DRL BULBS

Like many of us on the forum, I wanted to improve the brightness & color of my DRL on my MY13 Camaro. I ended up spending $67 on a set of PSX26W 50 watt 5000k LED bulbs from Gen5DIY.com. These bulbs are normally listed for $84 on their website so I thought I scored an amazing deal until BOTH BULBS DIED 12 months after install! I absolutely loved the look (heck, I even recommended these EXACT bulbs to numerous forum members and friends) and I don't mind spending good money on modifications, but the idea of spending $70-$84 every year on a product that doesn't last is a total waste of money!

The part that irks me the most is that when I wrote Gen5 customer service they didn't even acknowledge my email (I originally inquired about the expected bulb life & product warranty). I wrote a second time, specifically asking if I may have a set of defective bulbs and this was their reply:
  • "I dont know what to tell you there on me friends 2014 ZL1 for one year with out any problems, your car may have a ground problem don't know."

I seriously doubt I have a "ground problem" as the original factory OEM bulbs were on this car for over 2 years without any issue. I guess I'll either be reinstalling my original bulbs or finding a company that will actually stand behind the quality of the product they sell (like O'Reilly's or AutoZone).

Just wanted to help some of you avoid this expensive & poor quality product.
Attached Images