Thread: A10 or M6
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 05:16 PM   #135
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Thanks. That makes sense. Like I said, I've never tracked an auto (plenty of manuals) but I have obviously done some spirited heavy braking turns on the street with my 335i A8 and my wifes Q60S A7 that both have paddle shifters and I can definitely confirm that at those deceleration speeds, it's extremely easy to not have any clue how many times you've pulled on the paddle and forget which gear you've gone into. And at that point I don't want to concentrate on looking at what gear I'm in, I want to be concentrating on hitting the apex and my other marks. Thanks again.
So, my hope is the A10 gives us near instant up/down shifts with the paddles giving us the control of a manual with the speed of shift of a world class automatic. It does not need to be PDK good for me but if they can get close to what the GTR provides....I am all in on the A10. BTW, if you haven't driven a GTR you owe it to yourself to drive that monster. If I was not so invested in my Camaro addiction, of all the cars I have driven, the GTR would be in my garage above them all, at least all of them under $150K. What a machine.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote