Thread: A10 or M6
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #131
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
The A8 is a nice transmission for the street. It is not a track transmission, I can attest to its inability to keep the car in the power range needed to exit corners optimally. I can also attest to the delay in downshifting using the paddles. BUT, I can tell you it works well just slamming the throttle for 1320' and even its current state shifts quicker than I can manually so it has its place. I firmly believe that A10 is being put into the ZL1 before the Vette specifically to address the A8's deficiencies on the road course and I believe the 1LE will not be available with the A8, further evidence that the A8 has it's issues on a road course. HOWEVER, to be clear, I do not think the A8 is garbage. I think it is not well positioned on a road course. I hope the fact that GM is confident enough in the A10 to put it into the ZL1 shows that the transmission is ready to live up to the hype. A less than stellar road course performance in the SS is one thing. A less than stellar performance in your "excel at everything". "take on the world" car is quite another so I think Team Camaro knows what is at stake here and I expect them to deliver with the A10.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote