Thread: Broken tonneau
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #57
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
[QUOTE=KLG;10076078]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekirk2 View Post
Does your partition stay up when pressure is put on it? If so, when did you have it done?[/QUOTE

The replacement partition does not stay secured to the mounting posts anywhere near as well as the original partition. It easily drops off the mounting posts with just light pressure. I complained to the dealership and was told it is normal.

So far, it has not dropped while driving. I am giving it a little time and see what happens.

Still thinking about a fix if the dealership is unable to address the issue, which, I suspect will be the case.

--KLG--
I made them give me my original back (they did it without telling me during an oil change). Showed the manager and he said that it was not right and that he would notify GM. The replacements are crap but they dont look any different than the originals (we compared them).

It wont drop while driving but it will if there is anything in the trunk leaning against it. Even a duffel bag.

Until folks raise some hell with their dealers about it GM will do nothing. Dont let the dealer tell you its normal - its not.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote