View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #12
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
I think most have touched on the subtle differences, not sure if a definitive list exists.
Regarding the infotainment system, it's an important difference between 17-18 vs 19 because the old system uses a MOST-50 audio BUS system, while 19 uses EthernetAB

Translation: if you like car audio (Bose system is not great in the ZL1) none of the current audio interface devices will work for the 19, so upgrading the audio system would prove to be challenging.

If that's not a good enough reason, and you don't care about audio, those ass-ugly bugg eye looking tail lights should be a bigger reason to go 17-18 vs 19
Not a fan of the '19's tail lights and prefer the 17-18 as well, but that doesn't bother me overall. I was going to replace them with aftermarket lights that look like the '18s but have a sequential turn signals built in. The most important factor is that I get a Garnet red manual with a sunroof. I like the carbon interior, like to have navigation, like to have PDR, but all of those are just like to haves. Second is price which is self explanatory. I won't be replacing the head unit in which ever year I get so I'm not worried about that. Actively looking for her now but may just wait until the new C8's come out and people trade their ZL1's in for them. I'm willing to wait if I have to. Thanks for that info though