View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 11:10 PM   #19
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Just installed this tonight. Really nice blanket. Very well made. I might be tripping, but it feels like the boost kicks in sooner and feels stronger. Especially 1st-3rd gear. I didn't notice any difference on the hwy. I need to log more driving for my final impressions though. I never lifted the hood after a drive, so I can't tell how much cooler the under hood temps are. I can tell you, the blanket was very hot. You absolutely could not "leave your hand on it". That's just pure B.S. However, the compresser (cold side) you could touch with your hand.

Installation wasn't to bad. It helps to have someone up top to help grab the wires from underneath.

1. Take off heat shield
2. Prep the bottom of the blanket with the wire ties
3. Fit the blanket underneath the waste gate control capsule and fish the wire ties to the bottom of the car
4. Jack up the driver side of the car
5. Fish the wire ties back up to the top of the engine. (This is where it really helps to have someone grab them from up top.)
6. Tie the wires snug around the buttons and cut of excess wire.

A huge thank you to Jason @JacFab for his support and help with all my questions.
Attached Images

RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 12-01-2018 at 12:53 AM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote