View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 03:35 PM   #73
CamaroRSOnt

Drives: 2023 SS Vert
I went from a C7 'Vette with the same motor as the SS to a V6 RS 'Vert. I am very impressed with this 6 cyl engine. Smooth and sounds great (I have the NPP exhaust) , not a fast as my 'Vette but that's ok. I found very few times that I ever put the 'Vette to the floor and really needed all 460 hp. The car handles very well , a true sports car, quite different than the Camaro's of old. This is my third Camaro. Yet I can use 87 gas and get excellent mileage on the highway when cruising, has all the creature comforts, I have a 3LT.

When you step on it this car you get nice smooth acceleration, the engine has a great tone. It is pretty fast, nothing lacking, not brutal fast but sometimes brutal feels a little too edgy to me. My 'Vette when you really hit it always felt like it could get away from you and it could, lots of Youtube videos of guys hitting it and going sideways into poles and ditches. I had a 1978 Z28 Camaro that wasn't near as much fun or fast as this car. The engine sounds Ferrari like as it hits mid revs, not as deep a growl as the C7 which also had the NPP exhaust. Have had a few sports cars, including turbos, this is probably the nicest all around car. Turbos were always like 2 cycle motorcycle engines to me, narrow power band, peaky.

One of the reasons I didn't go with the SS was the pain of always putting premium in but also it came with summer only tires, if it weren't for the lack of options on the tires I probably would have bought the SS. I wanted all seasons, they should at least make that an option.
2014 C7 Z51
2020 RS Convertible
2023 2SS Convertible
CamaroRSOnt is offline   Reply With Quote