View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 01:33 PM   #4
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjzq8 View Post
I have a 2019 ZL1 auto that has the squirrely-ness problem. The previous owner attempted to fix it by replacing the tires with Nittos all around, but it is still very scary to drive. I had it aligned by a guy who has done race alignments for almost 40 years, and he said he'd never seen a car behave that way in his life, and he's seen a lot. He aligned it to what he thought would help but it is still a dangerous car, even at part throttle. He owns a 427-powered 69 Camaro and he said my ZL1 is the only car he's ever really been afraid of.

I looked over some of the forum posts about this and they all appear to be from 2018 or similar-aged...the only answer I could really get out of it was to replace the rear bushings with solids.

My question is, has anyone else fixed their ZL1's squirrely-ness with something other than bushings or alignment? I'm at a loss as to what could be causing such a terrible condition.

I'm in Springfield so my car sees the same type of roads yours does. My 2020 ZLE felt like it was going to lose control every time I got on it when it was new. Come to find out, the car would not align to factory specs with the factory rear suspension bars. I ordered all the BMR rear suspension bars and had it aligned and it completely changed the car. It doesnt feel like its getting out of hand now even when its rolling the tires at over 30MPH.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote