View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 10:34 AM   #10
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Hey there! Also have a 2020 LT1 with single exhaust tips. Like you, I was looking for a louder exhaust, as we both know, the stock non npp muffler makes things way too quiet. After a year, I couldn't handle how quiet the car was. I did plenty of exhaust research and came to the conclusion that EVERY axleback and catback sold for our camaros are ridiculously over priced and taxed. After listening to hundreds of exhaust clips, I decided on a $100 muffler delete.

I have zero regrets, the car sounds perfect to me now. I was told by many people it would drone all the time and sound like crap or like an old truck with open headers, it does not. The car is quiet at idle, cruising, and part throttle, however, cold start and wide open throttle are "wake the dead" loud. Also, a nice side effect of the muffler delete was about 35 lbs in weight reduction. I will say, my car is manual, so I probably don't hear drone as my camaro barely spends any time in the rpm range where the automatic guys say they hear drone. I love the muffler delete and I will probably keep it till the warranty runs out when I can do longtube headers, offroad mid pipes and throw the stock non npp muffler back on.

Whatever you decide, good luck, there are plenty of used axlebacks and catbacks out there, just know they are priced aggressively. Staying with a single tip exhaust will also save you some money.
Lol the term muffler delete needs to go and die
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote