View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 08:05 AM   #256
Repman

Drives: 18 Black ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Nick3.8 View Post
So the Zl1LE is 13 seconds faster than the standard ZL1. For comparison the 6th Gen Zl1 is 12 seconds faster than the 5TH Gen. So a simple package is making a bigger difference than a whole next gen car. Makes me wonder if chevy could have done more for the standard Zl1. Anyone want to enlighten me? Im thoroughly shocked at the time i guessed somewhere in the 19's
I think the tires and size used used ON the 1LE make the largest difference in that 13 second improvement . they are a full R compound going against a extreme performance street tire not apples to apples. this has always been a bit misleading to me. slap a set of race rubber on the regular ZL1 and I think the times would be much closer. the downforce and weight savings are definite pluses depending on the track more or less so. I look forward to seeing how my regular ZL1 stacks up against the new 1LE in the near future on track. I know that they also use different ( non Magnetic) adjustable dampers and sway bar and camber plates will be an interesting comparison for me.

Last edited by Repman; 06-23-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Repman is offline   Reply With Quote