View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #145
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
The Corvette ZR1 was a 200+ mph car and it only did 179 on the back stretch on a 7:26 lap by Jim Mero

Quote:
And the 7:19 ZR1 lap hit 183 only for a split second

There are two different ZR1 runs on the Ring. One was original configuration, the other was a year or two later with the Carbon package (super sticky tires, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
Cornering speeds is where time is lost or made up especially on lighter weight lower hp handling cars, that's why the last gen Z/28 was faster than the last gen ZL1. It also was able to brake much later and deeper due the CC brakes, tires and the suspension work along with the improved aero downforce setup.

The Z/28 had a lower top speed but it was able to carry more speed confidently thru the corners than the 80 hp more powerful and heavier ZL1 from the past. Momentum cars.
It would appear that the new ZL1 combines the best of both worlds. I would LOVE to see what this car could do with Carbon Fiber wheels wrapped in Trofeos, the spy-shot aero kit, and CC brakes.........7:19? 7:15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
Dang, I could have swore he was manually downshifting. That A10 is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I heard the transmission get lost one time ~6:10. That transmission is VERY impressive!
I'm noting all the impressions of this transmission in action. Manual or Automatic preferences aside - this thing is...Bad. Ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAAD LS2 View Post
Its pretty awesome how the computer is set to automatically downshift to keep the car in the 5k rpm range when braking so when you get back into the gas it isn't hunting for power. I'm a manual guy, but wow, that is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Question: Is Z/28 (Z28) generally placed below ZL1 or above, price wise?
Another words, should the next Z28cost less or more than 2017 ZL1?

Sorry, I'm not an expert on Camaro line.
If they set it up like before: race-ready components in a purpose-built car...then probably more expensive.

Quote:
Would love to see the different coolant temps after that lap.
Can you make it out below? Should be the left-most visible "small" gauge on the screen.
I imagine coolant temps would be alright. Even at WOT...that back straight was 150+ mph of air blasting through the radiator for over a minute. And this thing has a biiiiig mouth.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 11.36.35 AM.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  53.8 KB