View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #63
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Thanks, and to you as well.

I guess I didn't see it as an insult to every other car so much as stating his preference for the Camaro. "eat you freakin hearts out. " doesn't seem that combative to me, especially given the context of this website (sorry if I get repetitive with that, but I find I have to keep reminding people this is Camaro5.com and not a generic car site like Motor Trend).

He sure got flamed to hell and back though.

At about the same time, someone made a thread about the Boss 302 Mustang and it was basically one huge thread of politeness and compliments (sans a few snide remarks along the lines of "watch out for the Camaro trolls") about the car. Before it was merged, anyway.

To me that's a pretty accruate picture of the way the different enthusiasts treat each other in those areas lately.

That's my point. That thread should have never been merged into the mega thread. It could have been a good discussion, as long as the trolling was kept at bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I think it's quite the opposite.
Would you like me to delete the mega thread and see whose post counts drop dramatically? I'd be willing to bet it would be some of the same people responding to this thread. Most of them here just to talk about the mustang.
You don't see a problem with that?
No, I don't. I think you should delete the mega thread. Then let it play out. The post counts that drop dramatically are your choice. I'm fine with that. I think there can be good dialog between Mustang and Camaro owners, and car enthusiasts in general. There's a lot of car guys and girls here that would love to have a good debate. That's one of the things I like the most about this forum. You just have to tune down the volume of the people whose single minded purpose is to stir it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28. View Post
What is your point? Can you honestly say you have never, ever seen specific car forums with members owning a range of different vehicles?

I've said it b4 and I'll say it again. I enjoy this site because I love all American Muscle Cars. And yes I'm a member at a few Mustang Forums. But seriously, don't you get tired of the same "our cars are the greatest!" BS? I for one love hearing unbiased opinions from drivers of the COMPETITION.. Who better to give it to you straight than the folks driving the rival car.. Brand loyalty is great, but it's when you get guys talking out of their butts and spewing nothing but nutt huggin opinions instead of contructive criticism just because they drive X brand car that totally ruins a great discussion.. I love that we have guys here that drive Chargers and Challengers. Mustangs and Maros. Vettes and Shelbys.. THAT'S WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS SITE.. Is that really so hard to comprehend?
That's what I love about this site too.