View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #62
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Unfortunately, I'd say you hit the nail square on the head with this post. It's what started the mega thread, and what sustains it.

I'd like to point out that we are not so 'sensitive' to talking about competing cars that we want to squelch all conversation about it. Quite the opposite...we invited Mustangs, Challengers, and Corvettes, and any other driver who wanted to come to our first annual Camaro5Fest. We created a VERSUS section, an other cars/off topic section, and we (the moderators) personally enjoy some friendly competition and ribbing.

What's been happening on this site, lately, however...is above and beyond what is acceptable. Our answer, was to pull all the incessant Mustang threads into one. To clean up our CAMARO site. Unfortunately...that meant some of the well-meaning threads and posters got shoved in there as well. A case of the few ruining it all. We regret it, but stand by the decision.

The versus section, and the other cars/automotive section are for Camaro enthusiasts wishing to discuss other cars. Not xxxxxxx car enthusiasts wishing to talk about their stuff on our site. There IS a difference...and its this difference that defines the line we're trying to uphold to better serve 99% of the population of this site.

EDIT:
Here's a test for some of you that take offense at what I've said:

Do you get irritated when you read many repetitive passionate, positive posts about the Camaro?
If the answer is yes -- you probably don't belong here.

Do you feel the need to correct how 'not' awesome our Camaro is when we mistype or ignore the 'facts'?
If the answer is yes -- you probably don't belong here.

Do you have zero or next-to-zero interest/passion for the Camaro?
If the answer is 'yes', then you probably don't belong here.

I'm the LAST person to turn someone away from Camaro5.com. We've worked too hard and love this place too much to not want to share it with others. It's our home. And when some people enter your home and insult your furniture, your kids, your walls -- you show them the door....

THAT hit the nail on the head...and why this is such a successful site and membership.