View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 10:27 AM   #14
Co2SS

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman8373 View Post
A computer can rev match faster than humanely possible. And 99% of the time ARM does it perfect. I like to turn it off and practice for myself sometimes but why waste the extra gas and wear on the clutch if you don't need to. Doing it yourself is more fun and engaging but when you're constantly making turns and breaking at the same time and aren't experienced with heel-toe shifting, ARM is awesome.
I agree that ARM is perfect. All I have ever driven is manual transmission so I can and occasionally do rev-match myself, but ARM is perfect. I turn it on EVERY time I start the car. The computer is way faster and more precise, and the lessened wear-and-tear on the driveline by having the computer do it exactly every time is awesome. I have seen past threads with complaints about it revving when it shouldn't. It does not. If you drive it correctly the revving is always caused by the confusing actions of the driver, not the car being confused.
Example: If you are driving along in 2nd gear and push the clutch in for a second and don't shift gears the car is going to because it is thinking "ok he pushed in the clutch but hasn't shifted gears so he must have clutched in with the intention of shifting to another gear but changed his mind and is still in 2nd, but now that the RPMs have dropped significantly due to the clutch-in I must rev back up to the proper RPM for the anticipated clutch-out." If the driver isn't confusing or indecisive with the clutch and gear changing there is no mistaken revving.
Co2SS is offline   Reply With Quote