Thread: Future Mods
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
ChevyCav

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Future Mods

Hello all, reaching out to the community to extract some information from those who know more about forced induction and modifications that come along with these upgrades. I've been reading up and down the forums for information and I just want straight answers.

I plan on buying a TT kit eventually for my 2017 1SS M6. What is the max horsepower/torque at the rear wheel for stock internals for the LT1? I've read 650, 700, 750? Just want a clearer answer. Also would this requiring transmission upgrades? Such has a higher HP rated clutch, axle and diff?

To my knowledge from what I've read, the stock connecting rods are forged but the pistons are not so this is one of the limitations for high HP builds and the fact the stock fuel system also runs out of gas up top.

Now going forward I plan on adding cams which include beefing up the valve train and I figure this would be the best time to add in drop in pistons, but obviously labor $$ is a factor. So I might just skip this step for now and go straight to forced induction. I don't want anything crazy I feel like 600-650 hp/torque to wheels would keep everything still street friendly but allow for that rush on open road. Just want input on the reliability of the engine with that amount of horsepower on stock internals and what I can do to maintain that reliability.
ChevyCav is offline   Reply With Quote