View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 05:54 PM   #3
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
No, check the dry boiling point and wet boiling point. The ones sold at auto parts stores are usually lower than on the good stuff. I bought a generic water content brake fluid tester and my fluid still shows the lowest water content on the scale (less than 1%) after 9 months. It held up great at Eagles Canyon in 95°F heat with 20 minute sessions while another SS 1LE owner I talked to afterwards was still running the factory DOT3 fluid for some reason and got a long brake pedal (boiled the fluid) during the last session. Thankfully they backed off before losing all braking but that could have led to a crash. Track day inspection forms usually want you to change it every 6 months to 1 year. I haven't had any issues with Stoptech 600 fluid. Motul 600 has very similar boiling points but supposedly the plastic container can let more moisture in while it sits on the shelf compared to the Stoptech metal container. I use the Chevy black plastic track brake deflectors to help with cooling along with stock pads, stock 2 piece rotors, and the SS 1LE Brembo six piston brakes. Your brakes have less pad area so I guess they could get hotter than mine.
Thanks for the insight.. I will most definitely check out the Stoptech 600. I didnt think about the moisture part. Your post is really appreciated

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote