View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #153
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamX7X View Post
I think the defuse could make it into production, it doesn't seem that far fetched. It does seem like Chevy took some elements from the impala and stingray which is not a bad idea. I would like to see hidden side mirrors on the Camaro, maybe something motorized. A manual setup for the mirrors would be just as good, the ability to hid them in the body panels would be great. A locking mechanism inside the car can lock or unlock the mirrors for when the owner wishes to store or extract them. The hood seems to have three vents. I don't know if this middle is dedicated to ram air but from what I can see, it seems to be for down force. Looks like the air enters in from the middle and transfers the down force closer to the edge of the body, near the two front tires. Wonder if this could provide more stability during high speeds. An idea I was thinking about is the ability to have easily removable parts for the body of the car. Have a base for the wing but at the base create a connecting bracket something of course reinforced that allows drivers to switch from stock OEM wing to a racing wing in seconds. The Edge panel towards the front fascia could be removable to add a custom splitter in the front, on track days. Also some quick connecting side skirts would be outstanding. A rail system I would call it, giving the ability to unlock a part off the car and exchange it with another part, tool less design. 3rd party companies can still make diffusers and other parts for the car the only commonality they have to share is the ability to connect to the rail system of the car (connection mechanism). Race mode, show mode or even snow mode lol. I think Chevy has a solid foundation to work with based on the design of this concept.
I not even noticed there were no side mirrors,maybe G.M. is planning side object sensors and a camera for backing up that displays in the rad/nav.screen,?i know probably not the case here but would be a neat option,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote