View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #1096
hill_billy

Drives: 2013 Black SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I hate to be a negative nancy, but the announcement of the 19s alone is not going to change the price of the 2018s you are seeing. The one thing you need to keep an eye out for are manufacturer rebates / dealer discounts / red tags. Those could happen any time, and may or may not be related at all to the announcement of the 2019s. (for instance, we just bought a 2018 GMC terrain that had multiple rebates and discounts and got a whopping 28% off msrp) It should be pretty normal even right now, to see prices on Camaro's marked 5 - 10% off (more or less). If you are looking for another 10%, its going to take something like a red tag sale or stackable rebates/discounts to get there.

As we move closer to the 2019s actually hitting lots, then I'd expect to see more offers on the 2018, but the longer you wait, the less options you'll have on the lots. If there are good deals now, and you are ready, don't wait (unless you want to see what the 2019 offers over the 18s)
Sound advice. I'm tracking the average cost for the Camaro with the options I want. This will help me recognize a good deal so I can jump on it in time. Right now, I'm seeing dealer discounts (some only $1k off msrp). I'll keep an eye out for stacked discounts or the red tag discount.
hill_billy is offline   Reply With Quote