View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 02:12 PM   #13
rednecks70

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, '70 Chevelle 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Welcome.

1) Can the hill assist be deactivated? It's annoying.
- There is no switch to turn it on or off. It would require some modification to remove. There was a thread here a few years back that detailed the process.

2) How can I tell if the pulleys are stock? It feels faster than a 2014 ZL1 I test drove that was totally stock. My car does have a cold air intake and oil separator, plus the exhaust sound louder.
- You could measure them as noted above. Stock boost psi is 9 psi so it may be a little more with a CAI.However depending on the exhaust it may be different.

The dealership I paid to inspect it before I bought it claims the exhaust is stock but it's getting inspected in my state on Friday and I will ask them to double check.
- I would bring it to a 3rd party inspector to make sure it's emissions compliant if your states checks for it. I would also check to make sure the stock NPP mufflers are intact.

3) Can I use plastic restorer on the front chin splitter? It feels like plastic and looks a little dull.
- Wipe it down with Simply Green to see if that helps. I use Pig Spit spray which keeps the factory looking finish without any glossiness.

4) Can anyone suggest a good car cover? I only have a one car garage and have classic car insurance on my Chevelle that mandates it be in the garage. I may have to find someone to garage the ZL1 for me over the winter months.
- Indoor or Outdoor? GM used to make two versions for the 5th gen ZL1; black for indoor and silver for Outdoor. Otherwise there are some quality aftermarket ones out there.
Thanks for the info. I need an outdoor cover for now. Hopefully I can find a friend or relative that will let me use their garage over the winter. This car is not going to see one snow flake if I can help it!
rednecks70 is offline   Reply With Quote