View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #64
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
I daily drove my 1LE the winter before last in Chicago. About two hours a day. One there, and one back. Roughly about 60 miles a day. In all inclement weather, it was garbage. Not a surprise right??? lol But yeah it was just ok. When it was fairly warm and dry out, and I wasnt tired, it was a fun ride. But 99% of the time it was 5am on the way to work and I was just trying to wake up, or I was on the way home from work and I was tired. And in both instances, the seats were uncomfortable and driving a manual was a chore. And I spent so much time in the car, that I had no desire to drive it for pleasure when I was not commuting.

Daily driving that car ruined it for me. Had it been in the garage waiting for the weekend for me, then I would probably still have it. So after a full year of DDing it, I traded out of it for the scat pack. Literally the perfect daily driver fast car. Tons of room. Tons of power and that A8 trans that is so perfect.

buuuuuut, it was only really good for spirited daily driving in my opinion. Drag racing was fun with it too, but its a one trick pony.

So my advice from DDing several sports cars is.....Dont. If you can get a DD, and leave your fun car at home, do that. Or take the fun car on Fridays or on special/nice days only. For me, DDing the cars ruined them and ruined them for me. All the daily damage and wear and tear was hard to see and live with. The 1LE especially with those gummy tires, picked up stones and rocks and absolutely sand blasted the sides of the car. The splitter was at the mercy of everything. And the wear items like tires and brakes were expensive to waste on daily driving use.

I'd just enjoy it for what it was built for.
Literally couldn't disagree more lol. I've daily driven a G8 GT, two 5.0 mustangs and then my 1LE. Now I switch daily drivers between my 392 charger and my 1LE....wouldn't have it any other way. Each car is a riot to drive and never is "boring" to hop in and fire up. That being said I also enjoy the Recaros on long trips and will drive my car 8 hours to track for a weekend then drive it home.....different strokes i guess