View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 03:33 PM   #10
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjzq8 View Post
Currently it has Nitto NT555G2s on it. All four tires are at 32psi, but I've tried everything from 26 to 40, and variations on the front and back both ways. I don't know what he aligned it to, but he said the rear toe was off quite a bit. He tried changing the alignment several times over the span of a week and nothing seemed to help the condition. If it's breaking loose it's doing so at less than 1/4 throttle. Usually when I pull out to pass someone is when it presents itself most severely; as soon as I put my foot down (less than 1/4 throttle even) it acts like the rear end is very loose. He noted the same condition and suspected maybe it was something with the electronic differential, but to my knowledge, there's no way to fix that, is there? I have tried driving with all of the electronic gewgaws on and with them off; I've tried it in every drive mode and it's just the same.

I'm willing to put new stuff on the back end if it will fix it...can you tell me exactly the BMR parts you put on it?

Thanks for everyone's input! This is definitely the best car I've ever owned, but with one little flaw that might kill me!
I did the on car adjustable control arms, trailing arms, and toe arms. One thing to note though is that the heim joints need to have rubber boots put on them to protect them from dirt or they'll eventually squeak. This happened to mine and I had to replace the ends which I also covered with the boots bought from a large, well known race parts store.

For some people, the poly style bushings might be a better fit but then you dont get the on car adjust ability.

As others suggested, I'd start with the cradle lock out kit on a ZL1. My 1LE already had the solid bushings from the factory so I knew that wasnt my problem. I did drive a regular ZL1 with a 6spd a few months back and immediately noticed how loose the rear cradle felt compared to my car.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote