Thread: LT1's Scarce?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 07:55 AM   #5
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I went to my local dealer and had them do a locate for an LTI- pretty much a base manual transmission with one option- NPP. But I wanted anything except black, white or dark gray. My ideal preference is the satin steel (silver?). They were only able to find a dark gray one at a sister store. They said dealers are doing no swaps right now.

So do I need to order one? Those of you who just bought an LT1- did you order it, dealer locate, etc?

BTW, the sales guy had no clue what an LT1 was- or what NPP was. He had to go to his manager to find out......
Most dealerships will list their new cars on Autotrader. I ran a quick search for V8 Camaros near Naples and there weren't any listed. It looks like you might want to order if you want a specific option combination. They should still be able to give you a decent deal.

I wouldn't be too hard on the sales staff. Most are there to sell cars and not be experts. If they are decent to work with and give you a good deal then that is more important. I bought a 5th Gen and a 6th Gen from people that weren't experts but they gave me fair deals. Both worked for larger dealerships and their knowledge was no reflection of the dealership's ability to support the cars after I bought them.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote