View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 07:27 AM   #57
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Sorry you want a TV commercial so badly. A TV commercial for THIS car will not increase sales enough to offset the cost. It’s really that simple. That is why GM has not satisfied your apparently very strong opinion. You see GM has tons of data on this, the car and it’s customers. And in a time frame of trucks and SUVs ruling the market even trying to fight for incremental increases in a shrinking market make zero business sense. Just because you work with a ton of people that can afford a Camaro has no connection on them buying one. After all you are GMs best advertising when you drive it to work and they see your awesome car......and even the BEST form of advertising isn’t getting all your co workers to buy Camaros.

I’ll keep trying to explain bit, but GM has said they are about making money. And they have bigger problems with pickups falling to 3rd spot behind RAM than keeping up in this tiny segment.

And just because you think you could shoot a cool commercial with your iPhone, a celebrity and air time alone will cost millions. It’s not cheap.

Sorry again but they aren’t stupid, they just have data that would suggest a TV commercial for a car with very limited appeal would be ineffective. You see they have data on why people buy Camaros, but more importantly why they don’t. And Therein lies the problem. If you have data that says people do buys Camaro because it’s the best performance car in the segment, but don’t buy because the visibility is bad (thanks Ed Wellburn) no cool TV commercial will convince someone to go “ohhhhh I thought visibility sucks but The Rock says it’s a cool car in that new commercial so I’ll buy one anyway.

But again I respect your opinion. Just don’t appreciate you calling people I know and used to work around stupid which is why I continue to try and explain the business to people that don’t understand it.
I’ll co-sign all of this, including and especially the part about working with and around some truly brilliant people in Powertrain development and Vehicle development.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote