View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 08:17 PM   #141
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Where GM made a huge blunder was not offering real performance parts like Ford’s SVO program. SVO offers supercharger kits, suspension upgrades, exhaust and other parts that can be installed on the Mustang that don’t void the car warranty. Chevy Performance could offer a LT4 supercharger kit to bolt on to the LT1s with a tune/calibration that wouldn’t void the drivetrain warranty and some other parts. Most of all the parts offered by Chevy are for off-road usage except for a few parts like shifters, splitters/body parts and wheels. They have though offered more it seems than the parts for the 5th gens.
Actually when I bought my SS the dealer went through a list of add-ons. A super charger was like $7,999, exhaust was $999, CAI $700, etc.

I looked at the wife with a sly grin... her expression was plain to read. 2yrs later we spent even more... I said, “Ya know hun, I could have put that super charger on back when we bought it.” The look was much the same, but a bit more intense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
All good—wasn’t calling anyone out.
I get ya.

It doesn’t need to be a bash fest at all. I just wanted to make it quite clear to everyone that I don’t have blind bias. I look at the product, touch it, feel it, maybe give it a little tongue, see if it’s my kinda night out on the town, if ya know what I mean.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote